The Insight Program is a drug and alcohol treatment center designed for young people ages 13 – 25. The Insight Program is committed to the idea that addiction to or dependence on alcohol and other drugs is a serious problem and should be treated as such. Insight is a private program which is twelve step based and offers a network of interacting services including a fee based intensive outpatient program and an 18 – 30 month support group. The Insight Program is committed to the idea that drug and alcohol abuse affects the entire family and therefore offers counseling and support groups for parents. Insight has programs in Atlanta,Georgia, Charlotte, North Carolina, Raleigh, North Carolina, and Greensboro, North Carolina.
The Insight Program has been in operation since 1987. Insight continues to be successful with teenagers and young adults because of its unique understanding of the issues that lead young people to abuse drugs and alcohol. Insight’s focus on family issues with recovery also sets it apart as the leader in the drug and alcohol rehabilitation field.
For today’s youth, the pressure to get involved with drugs and alcohol is inescapable. It has become a major part of youth culture. At Insight, we believe that the key to getting kids to stop using is to show them a way of life without drugs and alcohol that is better than what they had when they were using. We call this “Enthusiastic Sobriety™.”
- Providing an environment that is both safe and attractive
- Creating effective treatment and after-care plans
- Educating family members on addiction issues
- Empowering clients to gain self-awareness
- Devising long term follow up programs
Reasons to Call the Insight Program
- A decline in school or work performance
- Missing or skipping school
- Loss of interest in common activities (athletics, music, hobbies)
- Dramatic change in physical appearance
- Changes in friends/reluctance to introduce new friends
- Secretive OR sneaky behavior (a lot of time spent in their room behind locked doors)
- Missing money
- Angry or aggressive outbursts
- Regularly withdrawn or depressed
- Becoming unusually forgetful
- Changes in sleeping patterns
This chart shows some treatment outcomes for the Insight Program from 2007 through 2013. The information includes intensive outpatient for teens as well as intensive outpatient for young adults. Since length of treatment is strongly related to success and sobriety at one and five year follow-up, the number of teens and young adult patients that completed the intensive outpatient program was compared to the number that were admitted. Data was analyzed as to the percentage that completed the intensive outpatient program compared to the number admitted. This was also analyzed to compare the experience of male versus female and to compare teens and young adults.
There is no perfect formula to gauge success in treatment. The Insight Program uses a specific set of criteria to determine a client’s preparation for discharge. Future articles will focus on this criteria. There will be more data released in the near future to show deeper analysis and more specific information. These results are helpful and provide a good starting point in understanding Enthusiastic Sobriety™treatment.