Our IOP program for teens is highly successful and it is designed to meet minors (ages 13-17) where they are. The program features high quality, teenage specific group counseling, two sober social events weekly, three 12 step support group meetings for teens each week, individual counseling for teens, and weekly parent support group meetings. Our approach places an emphasis on integrating sobriety with having fun and building a new, positive peer support system.
- If you are searching for our Older Group (ages 18-25) IOP program, please click here.
- If you are looking for our Residential Program, please click here.
What is intensive outpatient chemical dependency treatment?
Intensive outpatient drug or alcohol treatment is often referred to as “IOP” treatment, and signifies that participants do not live at the treatment center. The “intensive” part of the term signifies the amount of weekly hours the participant spends in the treatment room. In the case of The Insight Program, we spend 4 hours per day, five days per week in treatment – which is significantly more than the required hours per week.
How does our Intensive Outpatient Program work?
Any teen struggling with substance abuse issues faces many challenges. The objective of the Intensive Outpatient Program is to provide young people with the tools to cope with daily life challenges along with the opportunity to learn to have fun while staying sober. A teenager’s substance abuse problem also creates hurdles for his or her parents. The Insight Program places a strong emphasis on family recovery. While a teenager is in the Intensive Outpatient Program the parents receive counseling, education, and support. The program works because it applies fundamental treatment principles to resolve substance abuse issues in a way that is attractive to teens and responds to the needs of the entire family.
After your teen’s initial evaluation, teens will meet at our office Monday through Friday for 8-12 weeks. Group therapy and individual counseling session will cover topics such as:
- How to deal with peer pressure
- Resolution of life consequenses caused by drug and alcohol abuse
- Improving self-worth
- Learning how to clear up trust issues with parents and other family members
- Learning wow to have fun while staying sober
- Long term consequences of drug and alcohol abuse
- Identifying relapse triggers
- Devoloping plans for relapse prevention
Adolescent IOP treatment program structure:
- The program lasts between 8-12 weeks
- 20 hours of group therapy per week (Mon-Fri)
- Three adolescent peer based 12 step support group meetings per week
- Minimum of one hour individual counseling per week
- Includes family counseling through the course of treatment
- This program is followed by our 12 week aftercare program
- Up to two years of follow up in our drug abuse support groups for teens
The staff works individually with each client to create a treatment plan specific to his or her needs. Before being discharged from the Intensive Outpatient Program the staff along with the client and his or her family develop a comprehensive aftercare plan to continue facing substance abuse issues along with reintegrating to daily life. Insight knows treatment doesn’t end upon discharge from Intensive Outpatient. It takes time to apply the tools of recovery to all aspects of life. This plan is critical to implementing the tools acquired through the course of treatment. Aftercare is long term and can last up to two years.
How to get started in our IOP program for teens
The program is always accepting new intakes – please reach out to the location closest to you below.
- Roswell, GA (north Atlanta): (770) 751-8383
- Peachtree City, GA (south Atlanta): (770) 751-6334
- Greensboro, NC: (336) 852-3033
- Charlotte, NC: (704) 679-9600
- Raleigh, NC: (919) 679-7577