A twelve step program for teens and young adults has a unique set of challenges. Teens and young adults involved in The Insight Program connect with a recovering community comprised of peers. Twelve step recovery depends on the formation of positive peer relationships and spiritual connection. Insight provides a twelve step program designed to meet these needs.
Twelve Steps of Enthusiastic Sobriety
We have developed a way of life without the use of chemicals. By taking certain steps, not one of us has failed to find love and happiness in this way of life. If you want what we have and are willing to go to any length to get it, you are ready to follow these steps:
1. We admitted that mind-changing chemicals have caused at least a part of our lives to become unmanageable.
2. We found it necessary to “Stick with Winners” in order to grow.
3. We realized that a Higher Power, expressed through our love for each other, can help restore us to sanity.
4. We made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God, as we understand Him.
5. We made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
6. We admitted to God, to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
7. We became willing to allow our Higher Power, through the love of the group, to help change our way of thinking and humbly asked Him to help us change.
8. We made a list of all persons we have harmed and became willing to make amends to them all.
9. We made direct amends to such people whenever possible, except when to do so would injure them, others, or ourselves.
10. We have continued to look at ourselves and when wrong, promptly admitted it.
11. We have sought, through prayer and meditation, to improve our conscious contact with God, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and courage to carry that out.
12. We, having had a spiritual awakening as a result of these steps, tried to carry our love and understanding to others, and to practice these principles in our daily lives
These steps are not easy, but they are simple and they do work. If you follow these steps, we guarantee that you will find a Way of Life that is full of Love and Happiness and you will be armed with a way to cope with Life’s problems. The key of Love and Happiness will open many doors.
Honesty is the freedom from self deception, the willingness to admit wrong, and fairness in our dealing with others. With honesty we will develop faith and belief that we can change with the help of God as we understand Him.